Sr Manufacturing Process Engineer-Lynchburg area VA
Our Fortune 150 Global Manufacturer of Healthy Nutritional Products is looking for a SME to lead projects in the area of processing and mass flow with ability to identify fluid loss and other waste within the manufacturing process in their largest high- volume high-speed plant in Lynchburg, VA area.
Company offers Above Average Salary+ Bonus+ GREAT benefits including 401K match and pension
Opportunity for career progression with Industry Leader!!!
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) or independent technical expert (ITE) on a project’s technical matters; may interface with senior management, external firms or agencies, may coordinate technical matters between organizations.
- Develop and utilize Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) for Critical Process Parameters (CPPs) and Critical to Quality Parameters (CTQs).
- Perform Process Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ) for both process changes and new equipment installations.
- Develop and justify Long Term Capital Investment Plans for assigned production lines.
- Develop and deliver Capital Projects, on time and on budget.
- Understand the business needs of the company and have a thorough understanding of customer needs as they relate to projects and assigned client areas.
- Responsible for completing documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with business standards.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to support organizational goals.
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining effectiveness of Quality System.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with a Chemical Engineering or related Engineering discipline preferred
- Experience with liquid process systems, heat transfer, process piping and control systems.
- Strong technical knowledge in Mass flow balance, PLC, Minitab
- Typically requires 5+ years of relevant work experience as process engineer.
- Experience with Modicon, Allen Bradley, and PI Process Books Charting preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts is an asset.
- Must be US Citizen or Perm Resident- not able to offer sponsorship at this time