Our client is Fortune 150 Manufacturer of specialty food products for the world and due to expansion and plant growth is looking to hire Manufacturing Project Engineers for their state of the art plant on MI/IN border (Lagrange-Sturgis area)
The Manufacturing Project Engineer implements and maintains plant equipment, systems and other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality and productivity at the lowest possible cost while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- This role provides engineering support to all aspects of the operation.
- Applies working knowledge of engineering disciplines Independently conceives and develops approaches to problem solving that requires advanced technical knowledge
- Solves problems that have a variety of complex features, such as, conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements
- Plan schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope
- Facilitates the definition of a project scope with clients
- Applies new technology where feasible
- Direct the efforts of others such as technicians and outside resources Interface with project team members, department managers, designers, R&D, Corporate and Division Engineering
- Perform tasks such as writing Requests for Capital Expenditure, Change Requests, Scope Documents, etc. Manage capital projects.
- Provide technical support to the MI plant, division engineering, and the Quality Assurance to support new product introductions, new process/equipment start-up, process optimizations, vendor qualifications, and process alternative evaluations.
- Implement new and/or current manufacturing methods into manufacturing.
- Monitor production to determine areas of improvement and react to unforeseen production/manufacturing issues.
- Provide technical training to plant personnel including engineering, equipment operators, electricians, instrument technicians, and maintenance.
- Create and execute validation activities according to plant/division policy.
- Plans and conducts small to medium-sized projects. Responsibilities include detailed project planning/monitoring, project reviews, implementation, validation, and release to production.
- Create equipment/process specifications, drawings, and software as required and ensure that existing documentation is accurate and appropriate.
- Research, recommend, implement, and qualify replacement parts for discontinued/obsolete components, equipment, and software.
- You’ll also be accountable for providing excellent customer service to the production teams and meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and co policies and procedures.
- B.S. in Engineering with a preference for a Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1+ years experience in engineering/ project management or advanced education to achieve level of skill.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Possesses a working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Strong leadership skills required. Interacts well with diverse groups within the operation and maintains strong working relationships with internal in a collaborative, fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Project management experience desired.
- Work experience in the food / medical industry under FDA/GMP regulation
- Must be US Citizen or perm resident no sponsorship available
Above Average Salary + Bonus+ Great Benefits to include pension & 401K match
Rapid career growth opportunities with a Global industry leader