Our client is Fortune 150 Manufacturer of specialty food products for the world and due to expansion and plant growth is looking to hire Quality Engineers -2nd/3rd shift for their state of the art plant on MI/IN border (Lagrange-Sturgis area)to be responsible for developing and maintaining quality engineering methodologies and providing quality engineering support within new product development, manufacturing, or system/services
- Identify and implement effective process control systems to support the development, qualification, and on-going manufacturing of products to meet or exceed internal and external requirements
- Lead, coach, and mentor non-exempt and entry level exempt personnel
- Assist in the development and execution of streamlined business systems which effectively identify and resolve quality issues
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and resolving quality issues
- Design and conduct experiments for process optimization and/or improvement
- Appropriately document experiment plans and results, including protocol writing and reports
- Lead process control and monitoring of CTQ parameters and specifications
- Lead and implement various product and process improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing)
- Lead the investigation, resolution and prevention of product and process non conformances
- Participate in or lead teams in supporting quality disciplines, decisions, and practices (e.g., represent the Quality function as a Core Team Member)
- Lead in the completion and maintenance of risk analysis
- Work with design engineering in the completion of product verification and validation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Work with microbiology to ensure appropriate environmental monitoring and that microbiology requirements are considered in product and process development activities
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Engineering and demonstrated use of Quality tools/methodologies. Detailed knowledge of FDA OR GMP
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Advanced computer skills, including statistical/data analysis and report writing skills. Experience implementing various product and process improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing).
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
- US citizen or permanent resident required-unable to provide sponsorship at this time
Above Average Salary + Bonus+ Great Benefits to include pension & 401K match
Rapid career growth opportunities with a Global industry leader