* Positions open in Pensacola, FL and Eugene, OR – Company paid RELOCATION *
Our client is a responsible employer who offers full project involvement, meaningful work as well as provides professional and personal growth opportunities. Due to successful new business development, we are seeking an experienced Control Systems Specialist who will be responsible for the development, design, and delivery of quality process and control system projects for our customers throughout the design process, from the conception of the design through to the field commissioning.
- Communicate with customers to define project requirements, interpret and explain design, and build relationships;
- Assist with capital project development including feasibility studies, project scope definitions, preliminary engineering designs, and capital cost estimates;
- Design control strategies to optimize performance;
- Manage and perform the design, configuration, documentation, and testing of complex process control systems;
- Provide site support including commissioning, troubleshooting, and startup;
- Prepare and evaluate tender and construction packages, including drawings, installation specifications, and other supporting documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or technology diploma in electrical or computer engineering;
- 2+ years’ experience in industrial control system troubleshooting, design, and configuration, preferably in Pulp & Paper;
- Proficiency with any of the following platforms: ControlLogix, FactoryTalk, Ignition, Siemens S7/PCS7, Schneider, Honeywell Experion, Foxboro I/A, Emerson DeltaV, and/or ABB 800xA;
- Experience in maintenance, repair and programming services of existing systems on customer sites.
- Registered (or eligible for immediate registration) as a Professional Engineer an asset;
- Resourceful, self-managed, and goal driven;