Senior Staff Accountant
Salt Lake City, Utah
Our Client, is a leading provider of consumer based products for emergency preparedness, everyday consumption, and outdoor use. They are currently hiring a senior staff accountant who will be responsible for the monthly and annual financial close, the production of accurate and timely financial reports, inventory management and reconciliation, cost computations for inventory production, general ledger accounting, budgeting and forecasting, and other general accounting functions. This position will be involved in financial as well as operational process improvements. This position will work collaboratively across all functional areas including purchasing, production, HR, vendors/customers and plant management. This position will have supervisory responsibility of 1 to 2 clerks and reports into the Corporate Controller of the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Completes monthly and annual closings in a complete and efficient manner. Produces accurate and timely financial reports.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses.
- Ensures that the inventory subsidiary file updates the GL daily.
- Maintains accounting controls.
- Collects and analyzes production data; identifies trends and helps develop corrective action.
- Monitors plant asset accounts including cash, inventories, payables and liabilities.
- Oversees the collection and processing of company payroll.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, assists with budget preparation and analyzing variances.
- Assists with audit completion; identifies trends; determines system improvements; initiates corrective actions.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills a must.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to provide timely, comprehensive and accurate financial reports and reconciliations of activity to the General Ledger
- Ability to reconcile subsystem data to the General Ledger
- Strong and fundamental understanding of GAAP
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting discipline
- Thorough understanding and abilities in ERP environments
- Technical skills MS Office and Excel, online banking
- Experience with Fishbowl inventory software would be considered a plus but not mandatory.
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills a must